Learn more about our ‘Lighten Up’ pet diet program!
Studies show one in four pets are overweight. In some pets only three pounds are the difference between being healthy and overweight. If a 14 pound pet should weigh 11 pounds, this pet is seriously obese.
Why worry about your pets’ weight? A study showed over feeding pets by 8 ounces a day (this is easy to do!) reduced life expectancy by two years, which is equivalent to a person losing 12 years of their life span.
Pet health disorders directly related to obesity include:
- Heart Disease
- Windpipe Collapse
- Feline Fatty Liver Disease (which can be fatal)
- Arthritis and severe joint pain (can require lifelong medication)
- Severe Constipation
- Ruptured Knee Ligaments (can require surgery)
The Lighten Up Program helps keep your pet healthy and trim. It includes the following steps to Lighten Up your pet:
- Determination of your pets’ Body Condition Score and an ideal weight.
- An initial supply of Prescription Diet Pet Food and instructions for an amount to be fed for optimal weight loss.
- A Health Coach for six months who weighs your pet every two weeks and discusses their progress.
- Exercise recommendations.
- Healthy tips to maintain an ideal body weight for your pet.
The cost of the program is a single fee of $99.00.
Losing weight can be easy when you and your pet follow our program. All you have to do is feed the diet and show up every two weeks for a weigh-in. We do the rest!